Complete protection. Hassle-free.
Progress IMail Secure Server is a complete email server that places email security as its highest priority. IMail Secure Server provides the following basic email functionality:
- SMTP, POP, IMAP, LDAP, and List Server
- Compatible with Outlook, Express, Eudora, etc.
- Support for mobile synchronization
- SSL Encryption, SMTP Auth and dictionary attack sensing
- Basic email archiving
- External Address Verification
- Easy administration
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited domains
DESIGNED FOR SECURITY
IMail Secure Server removes the sometimes unnecessary features of collaboration and instant messaging so that it can focus solely on email security through industry leading anti-spam and anti-virus technologies. IMail Secure leverages security technologies to ensure that your end users remain completely safe.
IMail Secure Server provides the following advanced security protection:
Integrated CYREN Anti-Spam (GlobalView and Recurrent Pattern Detection technologies)
- Multi-layered protection from spam
- EDGE detection based on real-time IP reputation
- Content-agnostic threat protection
- Multi-language and multi-format threat detection
- Local caching for increased efficiency
Integrated CYREN Anti-Virus
- Multi-layered platform including heuristics, emulation, and signatures is used for maximum protection
- Flexible architecture that allows for a faster reaction to new types of malware
- Minimal impact on throughput due to low resource consumption
- Less disc space required than leading competitors
- Small SDK footprint
Integrated CYREN Virus Outbreak Detection
- Closes the gap between a virus outbreak and definition updates
- Protection against new and emerging viruses or for variants of known viruses
- Immediate threat detection
- Requires no signatures – leverages Recurrent Pattern Detection technology
DESIGNED AS A GATEWAY
A mail gateway is a server that is set up in front of your organization’s primary mail server, and serves as a buffer for the internal mail server against the hazards of the internet.
Using IMail Secure Server can serve numerous possible purposes:
- To process and filter all incoming mail before it is passed on to the internal mail server that delivers the messages. This can include spam and virus filtering, along with other types of filtering as discussed further below.
- To reduce the amount of traffic to your primary mail server.
- To enhance security on your network. An e-mail gateway provides a barrier between your internal network and the internet. Set up correctly, a gateway minimizes the access to your internal network should it ever become compromised.